Accreditation and Approvals
Career College of Northern Nevada is accredited as a Main Campus by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Approvals and Licensing
Career College of Northern Nevada is licensed to operate by the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education and is authorized to offer degree and non-degree programs.
The Welding and Fabrication Program is an approved Schools Excelling through National Skills Education (SENSE) Level II by the American Welding Society.
Associations and Affiliations
The College offers courses to students eligible through the following agencies:
- Approved for Veteran’s Training
- Eligible Training Provider List for:
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Job Opportunities In Nevada (JOIN)
- Employers Insurance Co. of NV
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
- State and Private Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies
*Students may request review of documents that describe the above approvals and accreditation by making an appointment with the College President.
Career College of Northern Nevada maintains representative membership in the following professional organizations:
- Reno-Sparks Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Western Industrial Nevada (WIN)
How is Career College of Northern Nevada Different?
- Practical “hands-on” training programs.
- Courses designed to meet the needs of the employers. Employers are members of “Program Advisory Committees”, guiding and recommending changes to the curriculum and laboratory activities.
- A tested and proven alternative to four years of college that can get you on the job sooner.
- Training facility designed to parallel the environment found in industry.
- A professional teaching staff with job experience in the areas they teach.
- A proven placement service that assists you in finding your first job, and provides additional placement assistance throughout your career.
- Refresher training (No tuition charged, but student must pay for labs fees, supplies and textbooks if needed) after you graduate from your career program.
- Guarantee to Employers that states CCNN will retrain any graduate at no additional cost if the employer believes the graduate is lacking in any skills derived from CCNN.